Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Research Methods

     I'm not going to lie. This is a tough class with tons of reading. However, I'm still acing it so far. It's hard to gauge how the classroom work is going to be until you find yourself on Week 2 out of Week 8. This is pretty much for any student, but on a graduate level, the stress level goes up a bit. We talked a bit about statistics, validity, reliability, and APA writing standards so far. Hopefully, I'll get to use this class in the future if I plan on publishing anything on a peer-reviewed publication.
     I have been checking the job boards for coaching opportunities but it has been slim to none. I'm confident I'll get a behavioral analyst position, just not a life coach position. I want to start my own business, but I need income for my large family. It's a big risk. I can, however, do coaching part time after work and weekends. I wanted to call the business Miracle Life Coaching but the URL has already been taken, according to GoDaddy.com. So now I'm thinking of calling it Moses the Life Coach. It's a play on Moses the Lawgiver, witty? I personally don't think so but I'm open for discussion on a business name. Leave your comments with some suggestions!
     My dreams are starting to take shape and my faith in God is helping me through this process. I have lots of worries, just like the rest of the world. I'd like to see these worries disappear one by one. Someday, I'll relax, but this is not the season for it. I'd like to take a break after graduation, however. Maui perhaps? Cordova, Alaska maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's a WRAP! Well, sort of...

My last class was yesterday and I'm done with that. To paraphrase the movie trailer for "Hardware Wars": You'll laugh. You...